Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happy Birthday "J"!!!

Its been a long time since I have posted anything.  For one its hard to find time to sit down in peace and quiet and blog and another is that nothing has really happened.  Our dossier was submitted to court and has been sitting there since late June early July.  We thought we would hear that we passed court (J is legally ours) by the end of July.  Well its almost September and we have heard NOTHING!  So anyone that is reading this will you please pray that the Judge may look over our case and grant us custody of our son!  I am longing to hear those words so badly! 

On August 20th out sweet son turned TWO!  How bittersweet this day was for me.  I am so thankful that his birth Mommy gave him life and left him somewhere safe but so sad that we can not be with him to let him know how special he is and how much he is loved.  I doubt he was even aware it was a special day for him:(  We did eat some cake and ice cream in his honor so when he is older he can see that his second birthday WAS special and his family did celebrate his life.

"Happy birthday buddy!"

I still am overwhelmed at the amount of orphans in this world.  Seems like every week I see pictures of some new children who have become parentless.  It is so hard to see these faces, some with the most precious smiles I have ever seen, some with tears in their eyes, some who look so confused.  Honestly if Jeff felt as strongly as I do about these children we would be pursuing another adoption along with our current one.  Its not that I enjoy being crazy busy, stressed, overwhelmed, but I feel led to help these orphans!  But for now I will pray for these children to find their forever families before it is too late.  So many children have passed away waiting, some outgrow the system waiting and are left to face the world with out the love and guidance of a family. 

I am currently working on an organization who brings older orphans to the states for a hosting program to expand here in Gillette, WY.  It is called Summer of Hope out of Bozeman, MT.  It has been proven to be very sucessful in finding the older children families.  Children who would likely not be adopted because they are over 6 years of age would come to the states and live with a family for about 4-5 weeks over the summer.  These children do now know they are potentially going to be adopted but rather think of it as a summer vacation.  The family then can pursue the adoption when the 5 weeks is up.  It is an amazing program and I can't wait to get it running here in our community and help find these still so young children loving families! 

"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.  God, who weighs on our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act." Prov. 24:12

This is a great video on adoption...please take a moment to watch!

 





3 comments:

  1. Haley, I just have to say that you are one inspiring person! As an adopted child, it fills my heart with so much happiness that there are people like you in the world! So selfless and caring. I can't wait to see pictures of when you bring your son home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I will share MANY pics of him when we get our hands on him:-)

      Delete
  2. :) Hooray! Your passion changes history forever! Love the video!

    ReplyDelete